This unique book presents a wealth of information on common presentations and illnesses, presented as medical case studies. It is useful for exam preparation, as a quick reference guide for working doctors, and as an interesting read for all those interested in medicine.
250 Clinical Cases covers a wide variety of conditions, providing in-depth insights into the most relevant topics, classified by system. Cases are accompanied by common viva voce examination questions as well as more advanced level questions that will help the reader develop a deeper understanding.
Now in its sixth edition, the book has been fully updated to reflect current evidence and relevance for working doctors. It will help everyone, from medical students to consultants, to find the hidden clinical gems and historical background they need to achieve true clinical excellence.
New to this edition
- Self-assessment by system
- Interesting medical emergency presentations
- Procedures for the core medical curriculum
- Topics updated for clinical relevance
- Multiple choice questions replaced with open answer questions
- 250 clinical cases in print, with more available online – provides a comprehensive overview of all relevant topics
- Conversational and accessible style – suitable for medical students
- Based on the latest evidence – provides an ideal quick reference guide
- ‘Ward round’ type question and answer section – ideal for exam preparation
- Cases alphabetised by system for easy navigation
- Easily portable size – fits into any medical bag
- An enhanced eBook version is included with purchase. The eBook allows you to access all the text, figures and references, with the ability to search, customize your content, make notes and highlights, and have content read aloud
By Eirini Kasfiki, MBChB, MRCP (UK), PGDipME, FHEA, Specialist Registrar in Acute Internal Medicine, Yorkshire and Humber Deanery and Ciaran W P. Kelly, BA, BAO, MB BCh (Hons), PGCME, MRCS (ENT), MRCGP, General Practitioner, Clinical Assistant in ENT, Modality Hull, UK
There are no reviews yet.