This book is designed to help students in acquiring knowledge and gaining skills to meet the health needs of women during the period of pregnancy, labour and puerperium. It will acquaint the students with different gynaecological disorders and diseases and will equip them with the necessary skills for providing nursing care to women suffering from these disorders and diseases.
A thorough perusal of this book will enable the student to:
• Describe the health needs of women in pregnancy, labour and puerperium
• Identify deviation(s) from normal pregnancy and take appropriate action
• Demonstrate skills in providing antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum care to the mother as well as care to the new born
• List different gynaecological problems and demonstrate skills in providing nursing care to women suffering from these disorders and diseases
• Introduction • The Reproductive System • Embryology and Foetal Development • Nursing Management of Pregnant Women • Nursing Management of Women in Labour • Complications in Pregnancy and Management • High Risk Pregnancy Assessment & Management • Assessment and Management of Normal Neonates • Assessment and Management of High Risk Newborn • Normal Puerperium • Complications of Puerperium and its Management • Obstetric Operations • Pharmacotherapeutics in Obstetrics • Family Welfare Programmes