REAL-LIFE CASES SHARPEN TOUR CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS FOR YOUR CLERKSHIP AND THE SHELF EXAM
Case Files: Internal Medicine presents realistic clinical scenarios to enhance and hone your clinical decision-making skills. Sixty high-yield cases illustrate essential concepts in internal medicine. Each case includes an easy-to-understand discussion correlated to key concepts, definitions of key terms, clinical pearls, and board-style review questions to reinforce your learning. This updated sixth edition features a new format with bulleted summaries, shorter paragraphs, and clearer headings.
- New Cases on Metabolic Syndrome, Alcoholic Cirrhosis, Cushing Syndrome, Parkinson’s Disease, Polycythemia Vera, and Opiate Overdose
- Realistic internal medicine cases with high-yield discussions aligned to clerkship guidelines
- USMLE-style review questions and clinical pearls accompany each case
- Challenge Questions help you assess your ability to integrate and apply your knowledge
- Primer on how to approach clinical problems and think like an experienced doctor
About the Author
Eugene C. Toy, MD is a dual certified family physician and ob/gyn. He is the John S. Dunn Senior Academic Chair and Program Director of the Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Program; Vice Chair of Academic Affairs in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at The Methodist Hospital–Houston; Clerkship Director and Assistant Clinical Professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at The University of Texas–Houston Medical School (Houston, Texas).
John T. Patlan, Jr., MD is Assistant Professor, General Internal Medicine, at the MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas.