Selected as a Doody’s Core Title for 2021!
Providing summaries of the latest and best publications, clinical trials, and evidence in endocrinology, this portable handbook is a time-saving addition to your professional library. In a concise, easy-to-read format, it offers evidence-based recommendations for the diagnosis and treatment of endocrine disorders and provides a comprehensive summary of pertinent clinical studies supporting the practice recommendations.
- Covers the major areas of endocrinology: hypothalamic-pituitary, thyroid, adrenal, metabolic bone, reproductive, diabetes, lipid disorders, obesity and nutrition, endocrine malignancies, and genetics
- Features hundreds of new references and careful revision of every chapter to bring you up to date
- Provides updated tables for quick reference
- Presents a comprehensive update of new therapies and the latest clinical guidelines for diabetes, thyroid, and metabolic bone diseases
- Includes a new chapter on the management of transgender patients
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.
“This is a concise, easy-to-read, high-yield clinical summary of the major endocrine diseases that highlights clinical studies pertinent to epidemiology, diagnosis, and management. This edition, updated from 2006, also covers imaging technologies currently used in research settings as well as potential upcoming treatment options in clinical trials.”
“It proficiently highlights landmark and recent clinical studies on diagnostic and therapeutic aspects of management, including upcoming technologies and therapies, and this justifies replacing the previous edition.”
– Doody’s Book Review (January 2013)
Sharon H Chou, MD(University of Chicago Medical Center)