Doody’s Core Titles for 2021!
Master key pharmacological concepts and practices with the most comprehensive, authoritative guide available
Presented in full-color and packed with hundreds of illustrations, Basic and Clinical Pharmacology is the wide-ranging, engaging guide students have counted on for decades.
Organized to reflect the course sequence in many pharmacology courses and in integrated curricula, the guide covers the important concepts students need to know about the science of pharmacology and its application to clinical practice. This edition has been extensively updated to provide expanded coverage of transporters, pharmacogenomics, and new drugs
Delivers the knowledge and insight needed to excel in every facet of pharmacology!
- Encompasses all aspects of medical pharmacology, including botanicals and over-the-counter drugs
- Major revisions of the chapters on immunopharmacology, antiseizure, antipsychotic, antidepressant, antidiabetic, anti-inflammatory, and antiviral drugs, prostaglandins, and central nervous system neurotransmitters
- New chapter on the increasingly relevant topic of cannabis pharmacology
- Each chapter opens with a case study, covers drug groups and prototypes, and closes with summary tables and diagrams that encapsulate important information
- Revised full-color illustrations provide more information about drug mechanisms and effects and help clarify important concepts
- Trade Name/Generic Name tables are provided at end of each chapter for easy reference when writing a chart order or prescription
- Includes descriptions of important new drugs released through May 2019
- New and updated coverage of general concepts relating to recently discovered receptors, receptor mechanisms, and drug transporters
About the Author
Bertram G. Katzung, MD, PhD
Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology
University of California, San Francisco
San Francisco, CA
There are no reviews yet.