A concise, illustrated guide to the operative techniques and medical management of liver transplantation
Filled with more than 1,000 images, illustrations, and bulleted text, this invaluable book provides a highly visual approach to liver transplantations for a diverse audience of healthcare professionals who treat patients with acute and chronic liver failure that requires full or partial transplantation. With coverage of all topics in the field, this reader-friendly and practical book serves as an ideal reference for residents, fellows, and senior physicians. It is easy to read, simple, and practical.
- Over 1,000 high quality images and illustrations
- Multi-Disciplinary Approach
- Liver Disease – Native and Recurrent
- Recipient Candidate Evaluation
- Donor Evaluation – Live and Deceased
- Operative Techniques
- Post-Operative Management
- Dermatological Findings
- And much more, including Immunology, Ethics, Quality Control, Risk Management, and Cellular and Tissue Engineering
About the Author
Ernesto P. Molmenti, MD, PhD, MBA, is Vice Chairman of Surgery, Director of Transplantation, and Professor of Surgery and Medicine at the Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell in Long Island, New York.
Eduardo de Santibãnes, MD, is Professor of Surgery at the University of Buenos Aires, and Liver Transplant Unit Chief and Service Chief General Surgery at Hospital Italiano de Buenos Aires in Argentina.
Martin de Santibãnes, MD, is a transplant surgeon in the Department of Surgery at Hospital Italiano de Buenos Aires in Argentina.