This book is specifically designed for medical students/graduates appearing for various national and international postgraduate medical entrance exams. The main objective is to present the content in a concise and reader-friendly format. This book has a perfect mix of conceptual and factual elements along with special segments to help in easy understanding and retention.
- Recent evidence-based concepts, management algorithms and guidelines included, chapter-wise distribution of synopsis and MCQs with explanations
- >3500 previously asked exam pattern MCQs with answer key and explanations (updated till May 2017 exams)
- >300 Image-based questions with answer key and explanations, explanatory answers with references from standard textbooks (Nelson 20th ed., Harrison 19th ed., Avery’s 9th ed.) and indexed articles
- Special segments for easy understanding and retention
- Extra edge for high-yield concepts
- NEET-PG, AIIMS and JIPMER Keys for “frequently asked areas”
- Controversy cleared segment for doubtful and controversial areas
- Image-based questions for NEET-PG, DNB-CET and NEET-SS exams, bulleted points, tables, illustrations and mnemonics are included for easy retention
- Important points are presented in bold text and highlighted with asterisk for easy reading and revision, additional blank space in every page of synopsis section to add extra points, edited by Pediatric faculty trained from JIPMER, Puducherry an Institute of National importance and peer reviewed independently by experts in various pediatric subspecialties.
About the Author
T. Arun Babu, MD, DAA, MBA, is currently serving as an Associate Professor in the Department of Paediatrics at Indira Gandhi Government Medical College and Research Institute (IGMC and RI), Puducherry. He completed his MBBS and MD Paediatrics from the prestigious JIPMER, Puducherry. He holds an MBA degree in Hospital Administration and a Diploma in Allergy and Asthma from CMC, Vellore. He has also completed Canadian Royal College Fellowship in Neonatology from University of Calgary, Canada.
Dr Babu is a NEET-PG national Faculty in Paediatrics. He has conducted numerous clinical studies and published over 120 research papers in various international and national journals. He has also edited 9 textbooks and contributed chapters in various Paediatric textbooks. He is the Paediatric Editor of Frontiers in Paediatrics, Austin Journal of Paediatrics, Web med central journals and is also a peer reviewer in numerous paediatric and medical journals.