In the book “Textbook of Physiology”, a significant attempt has been made to meet all the goals as per newly framed MCI guidelines. It furnishes a complete coverage of the subject for students of all disciplines of the medical profession.
Salient features of this textbook:
- The entire text including the figures have been thoroughly revised and updated for all topics so as to achieve the requirements of the competency based undergraduate curriculum.
- Competency in each topic ((i.e. the student should be able to/must know areas of the study) have been added. Each chapter has been organized in the same way.
- Sub-competencies within the topic which can be taught-together-aligned have also been added along with the preview.
- New and modern concepts have been incorporated, simplified and presented so the text is easy to read and follow.
- Study questions have been modified as per requirement of the new Graduate Medical Education Regulation of the MCI.
- Many more clinical pictures have also been incorporated for better understanding of the clinical concepts.
- Self-testing is encouraged by the provision of multiple choice questions (MCQs) at the end of each chapter.
- This textbook contains 205 tables, more than 1350 study questions, 2500 MCQs and 825 figures including flow charts.
About the Authors
Dr. A.K. Jain
Director Professor and Head, Dept. of Physiology at Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi. Dr. Jain has been teaching Physiology for the last forty years. Apart from He has also worked in institutions of repute like All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi and Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi. Dr. Jain has published a number of papers in various scientific journals of repute and has authored around 46 books with 25 titles till date in the subject of Physiology for students in health related professions ‘viz’ MBBS, MD, Dentistry, Nursing, Occupational and Physical Therapy and Pharmacy students. He has the unique distinction of being honoured with many prestigious awards.
There are no reviews yet.