A Doody’s Core Title for 2021!
The long-awaited new edition of the world’s most widely used and highly regarded textbook and reference of emergency medicine
Tintinalli’s Emergency Medicine is THE essential resource for everyone working in, and teaching emergency medicine. The Ninth Edition provides the depth and breadth of coverage that reflects the complexity and expertise needed to practice emergency medicine in today’s fast-paced environments. This comprehensive text is an important clinical resource for physicians, residents and students, advance practice providers, emergency nurses, EMTs, and paramedics. It is a necessary resource for in-training and board examinations, and recertification.
Tintinalli’s Emergency Medicine covers everything from prehospital care, disaster preparedness, and basic and advanced resuscitative techniques, to all the significant medical, traumatic, and environmental conditions requiring emergency treatment in adults, children and neonates.
Highlights of the Ninth Edition:
- Full-color design with more tables than ever to succinctly present key information
- Extensive updates to all sections, incorporating the latest clinical and evidence-based information
- Online access to over 100 videos, covering a wide range of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, and POCUS for obstetric/gynecologic, pediatric, musculoskeletal, and vascular conditions
- World-class pediatric section on the care of neonates, infants, and children
- Expanded chapters on the management of gynecologic and obstetric conditions and emergencies
- Updated information on toxicologic and environmental emergencies
- Contemporary, concise discussion of ED identification and treatment of opioid use disorders
- Updated information on procedural sedation
- Expert advice on the management and care of transgender patients
- Latest information available on neurologic and cardiac emergencies
From the reviews of the seventh edition:
“Collectively, they have once again produced an excellent text that manages to cover the broad scope of emergency medicine while remaining an easily readable and practical resource….Last, for the inevitable comparison of this current edition of Tintinalli’s Emergency Medicine with other available emergency medicine textbooks available: in my opinion, Tintinalli’s still comes out on top. It is more concise and easier to read than some, yet it covers the breadth of emergency medicine practice more comprehensively than others….Just as previous editions did, the seventh presents all of the most pertinent and up-to-date information in a well-organized format that is comprehensive yet easy to read. That and many of the attractive new features in this current edition will ensure its place on my bookshelf for years to come.”?JAMA
About the Author
Dr. Tintinalli is a world-reknown emergency physician actively practicing at the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill.
O. John Ma, M.D., Associate Professor, Vice Chair for Academic Advancement, and Research Director, Department of Emergency Medicine, Truman Medical Center, University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine, Kansas City, Missouri.
Associate Professor Assistant Section Chief and Fellowship Director Department of Emergency Medicine and Pediatrics Oregon Health & Science University Portland, Oregon
J. Stephan Stapczynski, MD, Professor and Chair, Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky
David Cline, M.D., Associate Professor, Director of Research, Department of Emergency Medicine, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Baptist Medical Center, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
There are no reviews yet.