The carefully crafted fourthedition of Manufacturing Technology offers essential understanding ofconventional and emerging technologies in the field of metal cutting andmachine tools. With latest industrial case studies and expanded topicalcoverage, the textbook offers a deep knowledge of the ever-evolving subject. Adedicated section on chapter-wise GATE questions provide support to thecompetitive examinations’ aspirants.
This revised edition alsomaintains its principle of lucid presentation and easy to understand pedagogy.This makes the book a complete package on the subject which will greatlybenefit students, teachers and practicing engineers.
1. One new chapter, on latesttechnology, Micro-Manufacturing
2. Expanded coverage on importanttopics, like CNC Machine Tools and CMM
3. New topics included, likeAutomation, Economics of Tooling, etc
4. Latest industrial case studies,like Turbine Blade Machining, Welding Fixture, etc
5. A separate section onchapter-wise GATE previous years questions
6. Extensive Pedagogy
a. Easy to understandillustrations: 473
b. Solved Examples: 40
c. Review Questions: 331
d. Unsolved Problems: 87
e. Multiple Choice Questions: 185
7. Web Supplement
a. For Instructors: SolutionManual and PowerPoint Lecture Slides
b. For Students: Multiple ChoiceQuestions and Chapter-wise GATE Previous Years’ Questions
About the Author
P N Rao, Professor, Department of Technology, University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, USA.